Sweepstakes Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Shiseido Cosmetics America Website (www.shiseido.com) (the “Website”).
Shiseido Cosmetics provides the content and services available on the Website to you subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the Website. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use our Website.
The Shiseido Cosmetics Product Review Sweepstakes Terms and Conditions
Official Rules: To enter eligible participants must provide a product review for a product they have purchased or a product otherwise tried without purchase. Eligibility: The Shiseido Product Review Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open to persons who are legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Employees of Shiseido Americas Corporation, and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotional agencies, judges, and the immediate family members (herein, defined as spouse, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses, regardless of residence, and any person living in such a person's household, whether related or not) of each, or of any company affiliated with the Sweepstakes and collectively with the foregoing persons or entities ("Sweepstakes Entities"), are not eligible to participate.
- 1. Entry Period: Sweepstakes begin at 12:00am Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on December 18th, 2020, and ends at 3:00am EST on January 29th, 2021.
2. How to Enter: There are two (2) methods of entry: the Online Method of Entry and the Mail-in Method of Entry outlined below:
• Online Method of Entry: During the Entry Period, eligible participants can enter the Sweepstakes by following these steps: Access sweepstakes landing page: https://www.shiseido.com/beauty-giveaway. Electronically provide a product review for a product you have purchased or a product that you have otherwise tried without purchase (such as a sample or gift). After successfully submitting a product review and your feedback, plus opting into the Sweepstakes by selecting “Yes” from the opt-in drop down menu to enter the Sweepstakes, you will be entered into the Sweepstakes ("Online Entry"). Inappropriate comments in the product review will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
• Mail-In Method of Entry: As an alternative, you may enter by submitting a mail-in entry instead of the Online Entry as described above. To enter via this method, provide your first and last name, street address, phone number and email address on a piece of paper with the product review, insert the paper in a #10 envelope and mail your entry via first-class mail to: Customer Service, Shiseido Cosmetics, 390 Madison Avenue, New York, NY, 10017, USA , Attention: _________ ("Mail-in Entry"). Each Mail-in Entry must be mailed separately. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, illegible or postage due mail. To be eligible for a given drawing, your Mail-in Entry(ies) must be postmarked during the Entry Period and received within five (5) days later.
Online Entry and Mail-in Entry will be referred as “Entry(ies)” Entries using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deceiving or using other unfair playing practices. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. The "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
3. Prizes and Their Approximate Retail Values ("ARV"): A total of one (1) prize will be awarded. One (1) winner will each receive a 6-piece Vital Perfection set (Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate 50mL, Clarifying Cleansing Foam 125mL, Revitalizing Treatment Softener 150mL, Vital Perfection Uplifting and Firming Cream Enriched 75mL, Vital Perfection Uplifting and Firming Eye Cream 15mL, Vital Perfection Uplifting and Firming Express Eye Mask). Total ARV of the prize awarded is $543.
Odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. Prizes pictured in advertising, marketing or promotional materials are for illustrative purposes only. Any applicable taxes and all other costs/expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of each winner. Limit: one (1) prize per household. Prizes are nontransferable, and no substitutions or cash redemptions will be made, other than as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason.
4. Random Drawing and Notification: One (1) potential winner will be selected by random drawing. The drawing will be conducted on or about February 10th, 2021 at noon EST. Potential Winners need not be present to win, and will be contacted by email or mail if so requested, on or about two (2) business days after the random drawing using the contact information given at the time of entry. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of entrants. Potential winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release ("Affidavit") within seven (7) days from the date of notification or his/her prize will be forfeited. Prize forfeiture may result from any of the following: i) an Affidavit or a prize notification is returned as undeliverable; ii) the Affidavit is not returned within the date specified on notification; iii) winner is otherwise found to be ineligible; iv) winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason; and v) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of any prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. Attempts may be made to notify up to three (3) alternate winners for the unfulfilled prize; after which the unfulfilled prize will not be awarded. Once the potential winner's eligibility is verified, he/she will be confirmed as a winner. As a condition of receiving the prize, winners may be required to furnish his/her Social Security number to the Sponsor and an IRS Form 1099 will be filed in the name of the winner for the value of the prize. Prizes will be sent to the winners within thirty (30) days from the date the winners are confirmed. The Sponsor is not responsible for any returned undeliverable prize and such prize will be forfeited.
6. General: Entrants utilizing the On-Line Method of Entry must have a valid email address, and it is entrant's responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in email address by emailing email@example.com. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding. The winners are solely responsible for all local, state and federal taxes on the prizes, including sales or use taxes. By participating, each entrant agrees to, releases and holds the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively "Releasees") harmless from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death, personal injury or loss or damage to property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance or use/misuse of a prize, participation in any promotion-related activity or participation in the Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, the winner agrees, where imposing such condition is legal, that Sponsor and their designees shall have the right, but not the obligation, to use of his/her name, city and state of residence and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without further compensation, permission or notification and, upon request, will confirm consent to such use in writing. Sponsor are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of winner and prize. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between statements contained in any materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as planned is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes and award each prize from among all eligible Entries received up to that date. All disputes, claims and causes of action at law or in equity (individually, "Claim") arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, the meaning or interpretation of the rules or any prize awarded shall be resolved by applying the laws of the State of New York, without regard to conflict of laws provisions therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in the state or federal courts within that state. All Claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and all Claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event include attorneys' fees, and under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
7. Sponsor: Shiseido Americas Corporation, 390 Madison Avenue, New York, NY, 10017, USA
8. Winner's List: For the names of the Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, or email, on or before January 29th, 2021 to: Customer Care, Shiseido, 390 Madison Avenue, New York, NY, 10017, USA or to firstname.lastname@example.org